2011 marks OKT’s 4th year of hosting the Food Diversity Project!
Whether you came last week or not, please join us!
OKT Community Dialogue
10 a.m. to noon on Saturday Feb. 19
Eastown Community Association
415 Ethel SE, Grand Rapids, 49506
OKT is beginning year four by growing food starter plants. Join us for a community dialogue that identifies key steps to planning and planting sustainable, year-round neighborhood, indoor, yard and communal food gardens. You’ll also learn about seed selection and future OKT activities.
· Join OKT’s Food Buying Club. No cost for membership!
· Join OKT’s Free Seed Saving Bank.
· Bring used household batteries and CFL light bulbs for recycling.
· Exchange your mercury thermometer for a free digital thermometer.
· Sign up and receive free recycle bins.
While the program focuses on low-income and vulnerable residents from four neighborhoods―Eastown, Southeast (SECA), Garfield Park and Baxter―people from outside these areas are invited to attend. Those outside targeted income groups may have to pay fees for some services associated with the project.
Check out the flyer! Community Dialogue Feb 2011