- 1 lb parsnips, washed/peeled/chopped
- 1/4 c sliced carrots
- ½ c chopped onion
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ⅛ ground nutmeg
- ⅓ c soft bread crumbs
- 2 large beaten eggs
What to do with it all:
1. Cook the parsnips, onion and carrots in boiling water (just enough to cover) for 10 minutes.
2. Strain and mash with whatever you have handy (it will look a bit watery).
3. Add butter, salt, pepper and nutmeg and continue to mix and mash.
4. Add bread crumbs and eggs. Continue mixing/mashing until well blended.
5. Pour mixture into a 1qt casserole dish sprayed with olive oil.
6. Bake for 40 minutes @ 375˚. Do not cover.
7. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!