During the farmers’ market at Gerald R Ford Academic Center, Madison Avenue just south of Franklin Street SE.
DJ Derrick “Vito” Hollowell will set the tone for family fun beginning at 11 a.m. and continuing throughout the day. In addition, the market will feature special activities, ongoing cooking demos, free kitchen gadgets, kids’ activities and prize drawings for farmers’ market vendor items.
- 11:30 a.m. West Michigan Jewels of Africa Drummers and Dancers
- 12 p.m. Grand Rapids Fire Department. Fire truck, bicycle registration, home safety information and free smoke alarms.
- 12 15p.m. West Michigan Jewels of Africa Drummers and Dancers
- 12:30 p.m. Cooking Demo featuring Jill Myer, Kent County Health Department
- 1:15 p.m. West Michigan Jewels of Africa Drummers and Dancers
- 1:30 – 3 p.m. Laura Casaletto, OKT Urban Forester, leads Urban Foraging activities and snack samples made with foraged local foods.
- 1:45 West Michigan Jewels of Africa Drummers and Dancers
The Southeast Area Farmers’ Market is open Fridays, 3 to 7 p.m. at Garfield Park, Burton Street and Saturdays, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Gerald R Ford Academic Center. Both market sites feature local, chemical free produce and warmly welcome SNAP/EBT, Double Up Food Bucks and WIC & Sr. ProjectFresh as well as cash and debit cards.