11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays through November
MLK Jr. Park, 900 Fuller Ave. SE 49506
Bridge Cards/EBT/SNAP and WIC Welcome!
We do Double Up Food Bucks!
Staff members from the Healthy Homes Coalition will be at the July 14 Southeast Area Farmers’ Market to share resources and information about their programs. “The mission of the Healthy Homes Coalition is to improve children’s health and well being by eliminating harmful housing conditions.”
- Healthy Homes for Healthy Kids. Healthy Housing Specialists provide preventive in-home visits for low-income families with children 0-5 years of age or children with asthma. Issues include lead poisoning, asthma, accidental injury (trips/falls, burns/scalds, poisoning, suffocation, etc.), and lung cancer.
- Breathe Easier Asthma Program, for households with children with asthma who have repeat emergency department visits or hospital admissions. The project includes provision of consumer goods and home repairs to address asthma triggers (carpet removal, fix leaks and control moisture, pest management, ventilation, and more).
- Fire Safety Program, a one-on-one in-home education on fire safety coupled with free smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detector installations.
- Radon Testing via do-it-yourself radon kits. Radon is a naturally occurring gas and is the second leading cause of lung cancer.
- Get the Lead Out! Assistance to repair all lead hazards in the home.
For more information and qualifications, stop by Saturday or visit the Healthy Homes Coalition website.