MDHHS-Kent-Community-Resources shares the following:
Kent County DHHS has some funding available for clients and families to help them remove barriers to self-sufficiency. The funding source is called Direct Support Services (DSS) and can be requested by completing the attached form and submitting it to Kristen Simon via email (email@example.com) or fax 616-248-1047.
DSS funding may cover the following needs:
- Child care for participation in the PATH program
- Medical exams for pre-employment or training
- Dental services to overcome barriers to employment or training
- Relocation assistance if new job is beyond commuting distance (2 hours/day)
- Transportation costs – bus tickets, allowance, mileage reimbursement) for PATH or employment
- Vehicle repair for employment
- Vehicle purchase for employment
- Other one-time work-related expenses (license fees, trade certification, purchase of professional tools, license plates, vehicle insurance, etc.)
*Note: There is no entitlement for DSS. The decision to authorize DSS is within the discretion of the MDHHS or PATH program, based on local office funding. All eligibility requirements outlined in Bridges Eligibility Manual (BEM) 232 must be met in order for DSS to be authorized.