Reposted from the MEJC
The Work For Me, DTE! campaign is working for health, affordability, and democracy in Detroit and throughout southeast Michigan.
The Michigan Public Service Commission (MPSC) is supposed to be our watchdog making sure DTE treats us ratepayers fairly. The MPSC is currently considering DTE’s Integrated Resource Plan (IRP). DTE’s IRP is how they plan to spend your money over the next 15 years, shaping the future of our communities. Their plan right now is to spend your money building giant fracked gas plants and pipelines, making massive profits for their shareholders and leaving our communities sick, underserved, and overcharged.
We can change that.
We are calling on the Michigan Public Service Commission to put community welfare over corporate profits. The IRP should promote affordability, health, community ownership, and good jobs in our communities through local clean energy like rooftop solar, accessible weatherization and energy efficiency, and equitable infrastructure upgrades.
Make your voice HEARD!
- Background: Check out these blog posts from Natural Resources Defense Council for background on the Michigan Public Service Commission and Integrated Resource Planning.
- DTE’s 15-year Plan: To learn more read this blog from NRDC on DTE’s IRP and the impact it will have for our communities.
- Jobs: Read the report from Power Up MI showing that wind and solar create far more jobs than new gas plants.
- Public Comment: Read this deep-dive report from Planet Detroit on the MPSC public hearing and well-researched background on the comments given.
- Comparing DTE to their peers: Read some report and resources on how DTE stacks up to Consumers Energy, Indiana Utilities, Green Mountain Power in Vermont (which reformed as a B Corporation), and community-based Peoples’ Power Plan in Kentucky.
The following organizations are part of the Work For Me, DTE campaign. To add your organization, email email@example.com.
East Michigan Environmental Action Council, Engage Michigan, Ecology Center, Meta Peace Team / MCHR, Good Jobs Now, MI Citizens For Conservation, Coalition To Oppose US Ecology, WACO, D2SOLAR, Sierra Club, MI Interfaith Power & Light, Good Jobs Now, Soulardarity, Michigan Environmental Justice Coalition, Citizen’s Resistance Against Fermi Two, We Want Green Too!, We The People Detroit, Great Lakes Bioneers Detroit