CERA can provide rental and utility assistance for eligible renter households so that they retain their housing stability.
- The tenant only needs to be in rental arrears, so no court notice is required for this funding.
- Feel free to share the flyers with your clients.
- Updated information is available at www.kentrenthelp.org . Households in need of assistance can also call 877.ERA.KENT.
- The Website redirects you to www.endhomelessnesskent.org if the above website does not work and the application portal is up and running.
- Paper applications can also be printed at MSHDA – COVID Emergency Rental Assistance (CERA) (michigan.gov) and dropped off at the Hispanic Center of Western Michigan (1204 Grandville Ave SW, Grand Rapids, MI), The Salvation Army (located at Fuller and Fulton St.), or the Kent County Community Action Agency (KCCA) at 82 Ionia St., Suite 390.
- Tenants can also walk into any of the agencies listed above for assistance with applying for the rental assistance.
- Clients and agency partners can also scan & email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The anticipated processing time for CERA funding is 30 days.
- There is no receipt provided when an application is submitted to the portal. If clients have questions regarding their application, they can call 877-ERA-KENT to confirm the status.
- CERA funds can be used to cover rent and/or utilities (gas, electric, water). If the client is not behind on utilities, the payment will be made to give them a credit on their account.